The Giving Spirits Foundation is a public foundation that was created at the same time as MyCity4Her, Inc in 2007 with the specific intention to make a formal commitment to give back to the communities in which we engage in commerce, do business and prosper. The goal of this public 501(c) 3 is to “shed light and pay it forward”.
Since it’s creation, MyCity4Her has pledged to give back 10% of gross sales back to the community by serving worthy causes that help women, children and families as well as the greater community as a whole, lead healthier, better lives.
The major causes the foundation supports includes:
- Women’s economic development initiatives
- Business literacy and education for minorities, women and veterans
- Women’s health with an emphasis on heart disease awareness and prevention
- Programs that aid Survivors of domestic violence and their children
- Access to financial empowerment and education for disadvantaged women
- Entrepreneurship and economic development in urban areas
- Democratic access to capital for women in business
- Increased presence of women on corporate boards
- Diversity in all aspects of business and community
Some of the major financial support we have extended has been given to:
- The Red Cross of the Chesapeake Region
- The Heart Association – Circle of Red
- The House of Ruth
- Marian House
- The Anthony McCarthy Diversity & Inclusion Awards
To date financial donations of all combined efforts of the foundation represent over $100,000 donated to charitable and worthy not for profits initiatives aligned with our mission.
Because our means are not large, we remain very true to our vision and only support causes/organizations that meet our criteria for consideration as well as can demonstrate proven impact in the given areas of issues we are interested in becoming actively involved in.
Requests for financial support are reviewed on an annual basis and in consideration for the following year’s giving budget.
At present we are reviewing funding requests for 2014.
Requests that do not meet our area of interest, criteria or budget allowances will not be considered.
To make a formal request for financial support please click here.
To view the types of causes we support click here.