In October, TargetGov and the bwtech@UMBC Research Park announced that they would be teaming up to produce a series of courses for the newly created Government Contracting Institute. Starting next month, the first two classes will be offered
The Institute first class offered will cover Federal Contracting Gap Analysis, taking place on January 15, 2013. The second, dealing with Market Identification Strategies and Tactics, will begin on January 29, 2013.
“The Government Contracting Institute is all about helping companies and non-profits accelerate business success in the federal marketplace” Gloria Larkin, president of TargetGov, said in a statement. “Our expert instructors focus on practical processes that address the changing market and enable success in marketing, business development, proposal responses, contracts, accounting and security clearances.”
In total, the institute will conduct 11 classes. Their topics and dates are as follows:
- 1. Federal Contracting Gap Analysis / Date: January 15, 2013
- 2. Market Identification Strategies and Tactics / Date: January 29, 2013
- 3. Illuminating the Federal Sales Process / Date: February 21, 2013
- 4. Marketing to Win Government Contracts / Date: March 6, 2013
- 5. Navigating the GSA Schedule System / Date: March 20, 2013
- 6. Proposal Writing Tools for Success / Date: April 16, 2013
- 7. Fundamental Contract & Project Management / Date: May 7, 2013
- 8. Essential Accounting Components / Date: June 4, 2013
- 9. Clarifying Legal Requirements / Date: June 25, 2013
- 10. Demystifying Security Clearances / Date: July 9, 2013
- 11. Merits and Qualifications of Socioeconomic Certifications / Date: July 30, 2013
For more information on the Government Contracting Institute and its upcoming classes, click here.