BREAKING NEWS: MyCity4Her is a Finalist for the Bridging the Gap Awards!
By Assistant Editor Shayna Spiker
MyCity4Her is proud to announce that we are a finalist for the Greater Baltimore Committee’s Bridging the Gap Awards ceremony, taking place this Thursday, November 17th at 6 p.m. at the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel, 101 W. Fayette Street, in downtown Baltimore! We are elated to be one of 27 companies up for this award, which annually recognizes outstanding minority- and women-owned businesses and majority-owned businesses that partner with them.
The full list of 2011 finalists include:
- Aegis Mechanical Corp., Woodlawn, MD
- Allstate Floors & Construction, Inc., Baltimore, MD
- Amoorer, Inc., Bowie, MD
- Audacious Inquiry, Catonsville, MD
- Beacon Associates, Inc., Bel Air, MD
- BEMO Corp., Baltimore, MD
- BithGroup, Baltimore, MD
- Butler & Associates, Baltimore, MD
- C. Jones Trucking, LLC, Aberdeen, MD
- Commercial Interiors, Inc., Hanover, MD
- The Cordish Companies, Baltimore, MD
- Cosmos Air Purification & Environmental Systems, Inc., Landover, MD
- Ekistics, LLC, Baltimore, MD
- Harris- Krupfer Architects, Baltimore, MD
- Integrity Title & Escrow Co., Owings Mills, MD
- Intelect Corporation, Baltimore, MD
- InterGroup Services, Baltimore, MD
- K&K Adams, Inc., Baltimore, MD
- L&J Waste Recycling, LLC, Baltimore, MD
- Laisar Management Group, LLC, Silver Spring, MD
- M. Luis Construction, Baltimore, MD
- Meridan Management Group. Inc., Baltimore, MD
- MyCity4Her, Baltimore, MD
- Navarro & Wright Consulting Engineering, Baltimore, MD
- University of Maryland Medical Systems, Baltimore, MD
- Walker Benefit Services, Glyndon, MD
“In order for Maryland’s business community to reach its full potential, all businesses must be engaged and thriving,” says GBC President & CEO Donald C. Fry, “These 27 motivated, successful minority and women entrepreneurs and partners exemplify the kind of private-sector achievement that drives our economy.”
At the November 17 awards event, award winners will be named in three categories: outstanding minority and women-owned business achievement; majority-owned businesses that have demonstrated leadership in inclusive business practices; and partnerships or strategic alliances that generate new business opportunities for minority or women-owned businesses.
A President’s Award will also be given for tireless work and advocacy for the advancement of minority and women-owned businesses in the Greater Baltimore region.
Sponsors of the Bridging the Gap Awards event include: Gold Sponsors Bon Secours Baltimore Health System, PNC Bank, and the Whiting-Turner Contracting Company; Bronze Sponsors Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Johns Hopkins Medicine, The Maryland Hospital Association, Saul Ewing LLP, and University of Maryland Medical System.
For more information about the GBC’s Bridging the Gap Achievement Awards or year-round activities associated with the Bridging the Gap initiative, please contact Jay Hutchins at 410-727-2820.
To purchase tickets to the event, please click here.