Finding a Real Estate Agent–As Difficult as Choosing a Bagel?
By Affiliate Alyce Dailey, Realtor with the Dailey Group
It happened to me again. I walked into my local Panera Bread, and I made the mistake of walking in hungry. All of a sudden I was confronted with a “baker’s dozen” full of delicious options for bagels–Cinnamon Crunch, Asiago, Blueberry, etc. The choices were overwhelming and completely dependent on my craving at that moment–savory or sweet? The options felt endless.
I realized that many home buyers probably feel the same way when it comes time to purchase a home. If you go into Panera and see 4 business cards of Realtors, how do you pick a good one? Which one is actually successful? Which one is a full time agent, and which one is part time? Which one works with more buyers? Which one works with more sellers? What questions do you even need to ask of your real estate agent?
It is important to ask the right questions because your agent will be with you throughout the process of buying and selling your biggest asset–your home! Below is a list of questions we feel should be asked of us and our team as well as any agent you choose to represent you:
- Why did you become a real estate agent?
- Why should I work with you?
- What do you do better than other real estate agents?
- What process do you use in order to ensure a successful sale?
- What are the most common things that go wrong in a transaction, and how would you handle them?
- What are some mistakes you feel people make when selling their home?
- What other professionals do you suggest we work with, and what are their credentials?
- Can you provide me with references or testimonials from past clients?
- How many other families have you helped?
At the Dailey Group, we are committed to helping you make informed decisions about buying a house in the Baltimore area so that the home buying process can be as simple as possible.
Choosing which bagel you want with your cup of coffee? That’s a decision best left up to you.
Give us a call for a free, no obligation consultation to help you make a SMART decision regarding your home.