This Saturday, October 1 2011 Baltimore Opportunities in Franchising Seminar for Minorities, Women and Veterans
The Small Business Resource Center of Baltimore presents:
How to Be in Business For Yourself, But Not By Yourself
Hosted by: The International Franchise Association, in partnership with The Small Business Resource Center and the Baltimore Development Corporation.
Featured Speakers: U.S. Congressman Elijah E. Cummings, 7th District Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, City of Baltimore City Council President Bernard C. “Jack” Young
Saturday October 1, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., registration and one-on-one time with franchise systems opens at 8:00 a.m.
War Memorial Building Paul C. Wolman Assembly Hall 101 N. Gay Street First Floor Baltimore, MD 21202
Go here to register.
PROGRAM WILL INCLUDE:
- Franchisor Participation – What are franchisors looking for? Prospective franchisees will hear first hand from experienced franchisors.
- Fundamentals of Franchising – What franchising is (and isn’t) and how to evaluate franchise options.
- Experiences in Franchising – What is it really like to be a franchisee? Current franchisees will share their experiences and advice.
- Legal Aspects of Franchising – What do I need to know before signing on the dotted line and what is the Franchise Disclosure Document?
- Funding and Technical Assistance – How do I begin the basic process? What are the requirements for financing? Are special programs available?
Who Should Attend?
- Are you interested in obtaining a franchise, but lack capital?
- Are you a prospective franchisee?
- Do you or your franchisee prospects need financing with the most advantageous terms?
- Are you looking for a new retail location site?
- Have you overlooked any tax credits for which you may be eligible?
- Are you serious about increasing diversity within your franchise operation?
- Does this sound like Greek to you? Then here’s your chance to learn more about “Being in Business for Yourself, But Not By Yourself.”
For more information on franchising contact: Miriam L. Brewer, Director of Education and Diversity, International Franchise Association at (202) 662-0784 or via email: email@example.com.
Discount parking available at the Lexington Street Garage (corner of Gay and Lexington Streets).