Baltimore County Non-Profit Announces Youth Business Plan Competition Winners
After six intense weeks of “She’s Got Her Own Business Boot Camp” the students finally had an opportunity to present their ideas to a panel of judges. Each student was rated on 10 categories, Opening Presentation, Service/Product Description, Competitive Advantage, Marketing Strategy, Financial Analysis, Investment Potential, Goals and Vision, Presentation Style, Question and Answer session and the Feasibility of their business.
Students raised their own money for this event with the support of the organization. In total the students raised $1103 that was split amongst the top three winners. The total score obtainable from the judge was 52 plus the amount of money each student raised was how the winner was determined.
First Place Winners: Destiny Murray 8th grade Student at Sudbrook Middle Magnet School and Mariah Johnson 8th grader at Deer Park Middle Magnet School.
Second Place Winners: DeJoire’ Frazier 8th grade Student at Montebello Middle School and Mya Croxton 11th grade student at Western Technology School.
Third Place and Second Time Winners: Bre’Asia Gillis 8th grader at Deer Park and Jazmyn Mason 10th grader at Newtown High School.
- Councilman Kenneth Oliver, 4th District
- Karen Barbour, President of The Barbour Group
- Nya Frazier, 12 grader at Garrison Forest School for Girls
- Kathleen Dorsey, President of Global Results & Upcoming President of National Association of Women Business Owners/ NAWBO
- Cheryl Pullins, Author, Speaker and President of The Woman’s Academy for Personal and Business Growth
- Adrienne Carver, President of Studio A & Mrs. Maryland US 2006, Mrs. Maryland America 07, Mrs. Maryland International 09, Mrs. Maryland Galaxy 11
About She Counts Inc.: Since 2009, She Counts Inc. has helped aspiring adolescent girls start and grow small businesses. She Counts Inc. provides business and career development, mentoring and workshops for girls.
For more information, business descriptions and/or interviews with students and/or Executive Director of She Counts please contact 410-449-4475 or visit www.shecountsmd.org.