Upcoming Event: YES Montreal’s Business Skills for Creative Souls Conference on June 3!
Are you a creative professional in Montreal looking to gain skills in business? There’s a must-attend event coming up for you!
YES Montreal proudly presents its 13th annual artists conference on June 3 from 9:30am to 4:15pm. The full day event gives insight and inspiration for artists, artisans and crafters seeking to make art their business.
Mastering the business of art is no easy feat, even where talent and creative vision abound. That’s why artists MUST develop entrepreneurial skills, a dynamic promotional presence, strong professional networks and a cohesive action plan to establish and grow their creative practices. This conference will help you develop the know-how you need to succeed.
The event, hosted and moderated by CBC radio host Sonali Karnick, is $35 to attend and includes sessions and panels featuring Moment Factory, David Usher, and more. For more information and to register, visit: http://www.yesmontreal.ca/yes.php?section=artists/conference.
- 9:30 AM Registration
- 10:00 AM Welcome / Opening Remarks
- 10:15 AM OPENING KEYNOTE: Catherine Turp – Multimedia Director & Content Team Coordinator – MOMENT FACTORY
- 11:00 AM PANEL – THINK VISIBILITY: ALL EYES ON YOU: Without exposing yourself to your industry and an ever growing fan-base, you run the risk of being “invisible.” Get the inside scoop from seasoned industry professionals on how they leveraged their creativity and industry know-how to get seen, heard and recognized.
- 12:00 PM Lunch Break
- 1:30 PM Award Presentation – YES Artistic Project Contest Winners
- 1:45 PM FROM DREAM TO PANADREAM: “Once upon a time there was a little inspiration….” Christopher Godziuk and Lydia Lukidis – Co-Founders & Artistic Directors, Panadream Theatre
- 2:15 PM LIVE AND LOVE THE ARTISTIC LIFE: John Kobel – Teacher, Motivational Speaker
- 2:45 PM Break
- 3:00 PM KEYNOTE PRESENTATION: David Usher – Musician and founder of CloudID Creativity Labs
- 4:00 PM Closing Remarks
- 4:15 PM Networking at the YES Art Expo: Browse and connect with over 60 young up-and-coming artists showcasing their talent in the Hall de la Commune (main level). Open to the public (12:00PM-6:00PM)
- 6:00 PM Schmoozer & Minute Market: Hosted by the English-Language Arts Network (Les 3 Brasseurs, 105 St-Paul East)
The Business Skills for Creative Souls Conference is generously supported by The Counselling Foundation of Canada and Canadian Heritage.